I strive to provide compassionate and individualized patient care. My goal is for patients to feel comfortable with me and be involved in their overall care. As an orthopedic surgeon, I use cutting edge techniques so that my patients can return to their activities pain free and as quickly as possible.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopedic Surgery, Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Hip and Knee Replacement, Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, 2016
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Hip and Knee Replacement, Saint Peters University Hospital, 2016
- HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
- Houston Physicians’ Hospital
- Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital
- HCA Bayshore
- Columbia University Medical Center Joint Reconstruction Fellowship – New York, NY, 2014
- Maimonides Medical Center Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – Brooklyn, NY, 2013
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2005
- BA/MD program, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School – UMDNJ, Piscataway, NJ
- Bachelors in Biological Sciences, Rutgers University – Rutgers College, New Brunswick, NJ, 2005
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List – all semesters
- Geller JA, MacCallum KP, Murtaugh TS, Patrick DA Jr, Liabaud B, Jonna VK, .Prospective Comparison of Blood Culture Bottles and Conventional Swabs for Microbial Identification of Suspected Periprosthetic Joint Infection. J Arthroplasty. 2016 Aug;31(8):1779-83.
- Can Both Cruciate Ligaments Be Preserved in Knee Arthroplasty? Eight- to Nine-Year Follow-Up of a Bicompartmental Knee Replacement. Parcells, B. W.,Preston, J. S.,Culp, B., Jonna, V. K.,Tria, A. J.; J Long Term Eff Med Implants. 2016 Jan 01.
- MacCallum, Katherine; Patrick, David; Liabaud, Barthelemy; Jonna, VK; Geller, Jeffrey Prospective Comparison of Blood Culture Bottles and Conventional Swabs
- for Microbial Identification of Suspected Periprosthetic Joint Infection, New York, NY, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY Presented at AOA 2014.
- Jonna K, Culbertson M, Homel P, Choueka J, Short Term Effects of Steroid Injection Treatment of Trigger Finger, Presented at Eastern Orthopaedic Association, October 1, 2013.
- Tria AJ, Jonna VK, and Shin MS. Bicompartmental Arthroplasty of the Knee: Surgical Technique and Early Experience, accepted for Instructional Course Lecture, March 5, 2008, AAOS 75th Annual meeting, San Francisco, California.
- Kang K., Jonna K., Patel A., Choueka J., The Epidemiology of Finger Dislocations in the United States Eastern Orthopaedic Association Podium Presentation October 2022.
- Patel A MD, Jonna K MD, Edelstein DM MD, Patel MR MD, Choueka J MD. Use of a Handheld Thumb Dynamometer for Evaluation of Median Nerve Recovery following Carpal Tunnel Release. Presentation at the Southern Orthopaedic Association 2010.
- Tria AJ, Shin MS, Jonna VK. Bicompartmental Arthroplasty of the knee using a Single piece femoral component. Presented at the Annual Closed Meeting of The Knee Society, October 9, 2009.
- Tria AJ and Jonna VK. Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty, Arthritis and Arthroplasty: The Knee, Pages 62-68. Edited by Thomas Brown, Quanjun Cui, William M. Mihalko, and Khaled J. Saleh, Saunders, Elsevier publishing, Philadelphia, PA, 2009
- Tria AJ, Jonna VK, and Shin MS, Bicompartmental Arthroplasty of the Knee: Chapter 102, Insall and Scott Surgery of the Knee Fifth Edition.
Click here to download Karthik Jonna, M.D. CV
Monday to Friday
8am to 5pm